Johannes Karl MartenssonM.D., Ph.D. Request An Appointment
- Medical School- University of Linkoping, Sweden
- Internship- University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
- Residency- University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
- Fellowship- University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
- Internship- New York Medical College/Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla
- Residency- Greenwich Hospital/Yale University School of Medicine
- Fellowship- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia
- German (some)
- French (some)
- Internal Medicine
Dr. Martensson specializes in Gastroenterology. After completing medical school and internship, residency and fellowship at University Hospital in Linkoping, Sweden, I completed my PhD in Biochemistry in parallel. I came to the United States as Visiting Professor and became Associate Professor in Biochemistry at Cornell University Medical College/New York Hospital, New York, NY. I completed an internship at New York Medical College/Westchester Medical Center, my residency at Greenwich Hospital/Yale University Medical School and my fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia. I have been in Inverness, Florida since 1996.
I’m very interested in GERD/IBD/inflammatory mechanisms, cancer and biliary diseases.